Lee Kanon Alpert is a founding shareholder of Alpert, Barr & Grant. As a strategic advocate, registered lobbyist and attorney, Lee is a recognized leader and innovator. For over 30-years Lee has been successfully assisting individuals and businesses in achieving their goals. He brings unparalleled experience as a community and civic leader serving a myriad of government, community, non-profit, philanthropic, healthcare and infrastructure boards and organizations. Always working with clearly defined deliverables, Lee is known for quickly gathering and analyzing facts in order to set the goals and strategies necessary to successfully move projects forward with the utmost integrity. Lee’s longstanding relationships with elected and appointed officials and their staff in local, county, state and federal government, allows him to assist clients to successfully access and navigate the complex government and business advocacy, and lobbying process. Everyday government and actions demand decisions that impact business, individuals, associations, municipalities or other forms of government. It takes a highly skilled and well-connected lobbyist to break through the clutter and project a strong and impactful voice advocating for the client. Lee brings a level of confidence, ethics, integrity, and success building coalitions, mobilizing and connecting with and for his clients in a way that embraces their voice and achieves their business and personal goals.
- BS, Education, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- JD, Loyola University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Business Executive Program, Certificate in Not for Profit Leadership and Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- California State Bar
- Admitted in all state courts in California
- Admitted before the Federal District Court for the Central District
- Admitted before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Admitted with special license to practice before the United States Supreme Court
Board of Directors Current
- Founding member and immediate Past Chair and current Board Member, Genesis L.A., Economic Development Company, a not for profit which raises and loans millions of dollars of private funds and disperses millions of dollars of New Market Tax Credits to assist in the development of blighted urban areas in the Los Angeles Region.
- Chair, Child Development Institute, Study Advisory Committee
- Board of Governors, Valley Industry and Commerce Association (VICA)
- Advisory Board, Economic Alliance of the San Fernando Valley
- Board of Trustees, Woodbury University
- Chair and Board Member, Providence Valley Regional Ministry Board overseeing three major hospitals, Providence High School and multiple ancillary health care facilities
- Chair, President’s University Advisory Board, California State University Northridge
- Board Member, Woodland Hills Country Club
- Compensated court-appointed independent board member for a national manufacturer of gaming equipment used in Native American operated casinos
Legal and Government Service
- Past Member, Policy Makers Council, American Public Power Association (APPA)
- Past President and current Member of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association and served in all other elected offices and as chair and a member of numerous committees.
- Past member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Board of Trustees.
- Past secretary and member of the Judicial Evaluations Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Past Commissioner, Los Angeles World Airports Board of Airport Commissioners. A proprietary department and City of Los Angeles Commission with full oversight of four airports in the Los Angeles region, including Los Angeles International World Airport, Van Nuys Airport, Ontario Airport and Palmdale Airport.
- Past President, Board of Commissioners for the LA City Department of Water and Power, the largest municipal water and power provider in the country
- Past President of the City of Los Angeles First Commission on Neighborhood Councils.
- Past President, City of Los Angeles Board of Building & Safety Commission.
- Past Chair, of overall, 12th Los Angeles City Council District’s Citizens Advisory Council.
- Past Chair, Los Angeles County Commission on Judicial Procedures.
- Past Chair, California State Assembly Business Advisory Commission.
- Past Chair, California State Senate Business Advisory Commission.
- Past Chair of Los Angeles City Advisory Council to City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, and Past Chair Councilmember Jack Weiss.
- 2017 Named to the Valley 200 – The San Fernando Valley’s Most Influential Leaders, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- AV Preeminent® Rating – Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected 2012 – 2019 Super Lawyer
- Tree of Life award from the Jewish National Fund.
- 41st Annual Fernando Award for a lifetime of achievement in volunteerism in the San Fernando Valley
- Stanley M. Lintz Community Service Award from the San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Circle of Life award from the Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging for Mr. Alpert and his family’s lifelong community involvement
- Supreme Court Justice Armand Arabian Leaders in Public Service Award
- Person of the Year, Metropolitan News Enterprise and Metropolitan News Legal Newspaper, Los Angeles.
- Community Hope Award, with Lee’s wife, from Haven Hills, a long-standing Not-for-Profit organization benefiting victims of domestic abuse and violence.
- Recipient of The Leaders of Character Award for Business from the Western Los Angeles County Council, Learning for Life