Adam Grant is a shareholder of Alpert, Barr & Grant with over 30-years of experience. He supports the firm’s litigation practice with expertise in complex business disputes, mobile app law, online and digital privacy, embezzlement issues, construction law and real estate matters. He has successfully litigated in both state and federal courts.
While keeping an eye on strategies to avoid litigation, both business leaders and opposing counsel understand that with Adam’s extensive trial experience he can successfully handle all aspects of litigation.
His thorough approach to resolving disputes is always crafted with the client’s perspective and company’s culture in mind.
Practice FocusBusiness LitigationRepresents clients in complex business litigation matters including business fraud, shareholder rights, director and officer liability and business torts. Mobile App LawWith a clear understanding of the fast-changing landscape of data privacy, Adam regularly advises app developers and businesses with an online presence on how to effectively deal with the issues on data collection and analysis. He helps developers and businesses avoid entering a legal maze with no exit. Real Estate Represents real estate developers, homeowners, partnerships and joint ventures. Drafts and negotiates commercial leases for both landlords and tenants. Construction LawAssists clients with mechanic liens, contract disputes, landslide/ mudslide issues and mold abatement. Represents general and subcontractors, owners, private developers, construction managers and architects.
- Represented Defendant Corporation in a breach of fiduciary action against a shareholder who embezzled funds and took corporate opportunities. After a three week court trial, Mr. Grant obtained a $9,000,000 judgment, including $1.2 million dollars in punitive damages, plus attorneys fees and costs.
- Defended Chief General Counsel of multi-million dollar foreign real estate development company in a 4-week Federal Court matter brought by his employer resulting in a dismissal of the matter against the client after the first phase of the trial.
- Represented individual plaintiff in a malpractice claim, which resulted in a $5,748,000 jury verdict.
- Defended architect/general contractor in an action involving numerous construction defects which resulted in an award to client for construction and attorneys fees relating to breach of contract.
- Defended COO and VP of International Sales accused of embezzling $7,000,000 during a 3 month jury trial resulting in a complete defense verdict for his clients and an $800,000 judgment against the Plaintiff to compensate his clients for all expenses incurred in the litigation.
- Defended contractor against homeowner’s claim of negligent pool construction. During the a two-week jury trial, the contractor requested $350,000. The judge entered judgment in favor of the client in response to a small pre-trial offer made by Mr. Grant.
- Represented landlord against tenant who brought an action for fraud in the inducement which resulted in a settlement in the client’s favor after Mr. Grant discovered the tenant provided a fraudulent letter of recommendation from the tenant’s prior landlord.
Read more Case Studies